Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installation disk not found (Bootcamp)

Hi All,

Hoping you can help me here. I'm on a iMac 27" mid 2011, using High Sierra, 10.13.5. I want to install Windows 8.1 using Bootcamp. I downloaded the support software, and already have Windows 8.1 ISO. But when I click the continue button with the lower box checked, I see the message "The installer disk could not be found". It doesn't seem to be able to find the file. It's an ISO file, with the proper suffix. It's on my desktop.

Anyone out there able to walk me through this process, or at least give me an idea whatI'm doing wrong?

Thanks

iMac

Posted on Jun 8, 2018 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 8, 2018 4:31 PM

On a 2011 Mac, you need a physical DVD and fully functional built-in Optical drive (external CD/DVD drives do not work) to install Windows. If you have an ISO, you can burn it to a blank DVD-R SL (of a reputable brand) by right-clicking on ISO, and expanding the Burn box to look like

User uploaded file

Use the lowest burn rate to avoid block errors.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 8, 2018 4:31 PM in response to lapledaple

On a 2011 Mac, you need a physical DVD and fully functional built-in Optical drive (external CD/DVD drives do not work) to install Windows. If you have an ISO, you can burn it to a blank DVD-R SL (of a reputable brand) by right-clicking on ISO, and expanding the Burn box to look like

User uploaded file

Use the lowest burn rate to avoid block errors.

Installation disk not found (Bootcamp)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.