Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I make my profile the same across my all my iOS devices such as iMac to MacBook

What I would like to do is have my setting on my iMac which I use all the time, be the same on my MacBook which I use for travel. I understand how to use the cloud to manage files. As an example I would like my desktop look the same on each machine with the location of files and shortcuts the same regardless what machine Im

iMac with Retina 5K display, iOS 11.4, Macbook Pro

Posted on Jun 8, 2018 5:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2018 1:08 PM

The specific feature you are asking about is supported using the Desktop & Documents option in iCloud Drive. You should read this article to make sure you understand how that feature works before you turn it on, however:

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Here is a User Tip that explains the various iCloud services that you can use to sync data between devices and computers: iCloud Deconstructed | Communities

Best,

GB

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2018 1:08 PM in response to jam375

The specific feature you are asking about is supported using the Desktop & Documents option in iCloud Drive. You should read this article to make sure you understand how that feature works before you turn it on, however:

Add your Desktop and Documents files to iCloud Drive - Apple Support

Here is a User Tip that explains the various iCloud services that you can use to sync data between devices and computers: iCloud Deconstructed | Communities

Best,

GB

how can I make my profile the same across my all my iOS devices such as iMac to MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.