Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will my Apple Watch Series 2 still be waterproof after repairing glass?

Hey, I’m new here but I have a question.

So to make this simple. I dropped my Apple Watch series 2 and the screen cracked. The touch stopped working on some places. But other than that everything is working fine. But I don’t want to pay like 200$ to repair this at a apple store. So I bought a 50 dollar fix-it-yourself kit from teknikdelar.se (A Swedish company). But my question is will my watch still be waterproof? In the summer I’m swimming a lot so I really want to know if it‘s still waterproof. What do you guys think? Still waterproof?

(Bought this https://www.teknikdelar.se/apple-watch-42mm-display-glas-med-digitizer-svart-1

and this https://www.teknikdelar.se/verktyg/iphone-ipod-psp-verktygskit/ )

Posted on Jun 9, 2018 12:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2018 12:57 PM

Hi, williamaltg!

Unfortunately, I believe your Apple Watch will no longer be water resistant. Removing the screen will damage the waterproofing, not only that, but you will void your warranty with Apple on your device.

I hope this helped, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. You can always contact Apple Support through their app or schedule a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple Store for more help.

Sincerely,

Jorge1318.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 9, 2018 12:57 PM in response to williamaltg

Hi, williamaltg!

Unfortunately, I believe your Apple Watch will no longer be water resistant. Removing the screen will damage the waterproofing, not only that, but you will void your warranty with Apple on your device.

I hope this helped, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. You can always contact Apple Support through their app or schedule a Genius Bar appointment at your nearest Apple Store for more help.

Sincerely,

Jorge1318.

Will my Apple Watch Series 2 still be waterproof after repairing glass?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.