Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing included fonts in High Sierra

According to this article (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT207962#download) I should have these fonts included with High Sierra and my Font Book should look something like this:

User uploaded file

However, even after restoring system fonts my font book looks like this:

User uploaded file

How do I obtain every font that is missing from my font book? I'm particularly in need of the standard Arial font because I think it is causing problems in another application. Thanks.

MacBook Air, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4)

Posted on Jun 9, 2018 8:32 PM

9 replies

Jun 12, 2018 5:37 PM in response to williamjack

Someone removed many of the OS supplied fonts. If you don't have a backup to copy them from, you can get them back in a few ways. From easiest (least time consuming) to obnoxious.

1. Copy them from any Mac running the same version of macOS.

2. Restore them from Time Machine, or other backup type.

3. Use Pacifist to extract them from the full OS installer. You can get that by opening the App Store and downloading High Sierra again. If that Mac came with High Sierra, I don't think it will allow you to retrieve the general release version.

4. Reinstall the OS.

Jun 10, 2018 10:52 PM in response to williamjack

If font is removed how to put back in the font book .

1. Close all apps. Form a folder on an empty desktop by pressing keys shift , command , N on the keyboard or can do it in another way right click on empty desktop click on new folder .
  2. Click on Go , then Go to folder and type ~/Library open folder fonts ( removed ) , select fonts ( use keys on the keyboard command and A ) , copy it ( command and C)
  3. Open the new folder on desktop , press ( command and V ) , removed fonts will be copied into this folder .
  4. Open font book via spotlight on top menu bar , click on add fonts or you can do in a different way , open font book & click on plus sign .
  5. Deleted fonts will be transferred to its original place .

Missing included fonts in High Sierra

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.