Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get rid off Last login: message on terminal?

My terminal keep opening itself with the message

Last login: Sat Jun
9 20:26:31 on ttys000

Posted on Jun 9, 2018 8:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 1:26 PM

That shouldn't happen. I think you should download & run the free version of MalwareBytes to see if you have "shopping & shipping assistents" on board, shivering-ya-timbers.

Malwarebytes

If terminal only appears after starting up your Mac, also check System Preferences > Users & Groups "Your account" > tab: Login Items if there are any startup apps that you know nothing about ever putting there.

User uploaded file

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2018 1:26 PM in response to kerochan

That shouldn't happen. I think you should download & run the free version of MalwareBytes to see if you have "shopping & shipping assistents" on board, shivering-ya-timbers.

Malwarebytes

If terminal only appears after starting up your Mac, also check System Preferences > Users & Groups "Your account" > tab: Login Items if there are any startup apps that you know nothing about ever putting there.

User uploaded file

Jun 10, 2018 4:40 AM in response to jonathanfromalajuela

That message is totally normal for when Terminal opens. If your Terminal is opening by itself (it's not, something is calling it) then you have to find out what is calling Terminal to open.

But that message is just telling you when you last logged into your Terminal. The ttys000 part is just the terminal window session number. If you opened a new Terminal window whilst leaving that first open it would say ttys001. You cannot get rid of this message. It's how Terminal works and has always worked.

Find out what program or routine is calling Terminal. The Logic AU Eval Tool will call Terminal.

ps this is the forum for the audio recording software Logic.

How can I get rid off Last login: message on terminal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.