Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

speach to text not working on iphone 6 after 11.4 update

I foolishly selected update later on my phone and the 11.4 update was installed at night. Now speech to text does not work with siri or in safari. The microphone works fine when making a call or in the voice memo app. I have tried rebooting the phone and tried a resetting all settings but it still does not work.

iPhone 6, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 8:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2018 5:56 AM

Hello ​mantis01,

I see that your voice to text is not working after updating the software on your iPhone. I use this feature all the time on my iPhone, so I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you double check your settings and make sure that Dictation is still enabled. Go to ​ Settings > General > Keyboard and scroll to the bottom. Make sure that Enable Dictation is on. If it is enabled, toggle it off and then restart your iPhone and then go back in and toggle it back on and test to see if the issue remains.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2018 5:56 AM in response to mantis01

Hello ​mantis01,

I see that your voice to text is not working after updating the software on your iPhone. I use this feature all the time on my iPhone, so I'd be happy to help.

Let's have you double check your settings and make sure that Dictation is still enabled. Go to ​ Settings > General > Keyboard and scroll to the bottom. Make sure that Enable Dictation is on. If it is enabled, toggle it off and then restart your iPhone and then go back in and toggle it back on and test to see if the issue remains.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.
Have a great day!

speach to text not working on iphone 6 after 11.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.