Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since updating to ios 11.4 my sleep button does not always work

Right after updating my iphone 6 plus to IOS 11.4 I noticed that my sleep button started intermittently not working. Sometimes I have to push the button 3 or 4 times to get the phone to sleep again. After a re-boot it starts working fine but then after a while it goes back to being hit or mis. Anyone else having this problem?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 3:00 PM

This may sound drastic but I think you should make a full backup and then restore to factory settings and set up as new. The reason is that if it is a software issue this could solve it. If the issue persists then it may be a hardware issue. If you make an appointment with the nearest Apple store genius bar they will want you to do that step.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2018 3:00 PM in response to rfoletta

This may sound drastic but I think you should make a full backup and then restore to factory settings and set up as new. The reason is that if it is a software issue this could solve it. If the issue persists then it may be a hardware issue. If you make an appointment with the nearest Apple store genius bar they will want you to do that step.

since updating to ios 11.4 my sleep button does not always work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.