Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

move photos slideshow from mac to ipad

How do I move a slideshow I created in Photos to my iPad? I exported a .m4v file but can’t find it. And I don’t want music. Thanks.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015), OS X El Capitan (10.11.6)

Posted on Jun 13, 2018 3:59 PM

5 replies

Jun 15, 2018 3:29 AM in response to katierose

When you export a slideshow from Photos using the export button, you will see a file chooser dialog like this.

User uploaded file

The "Automatically send to iTunes" Button does not seem to work reliably. Recently, I could neither export songs from GarageBand nor slideshows from Photos with "Automatically send to iTunes". After exporting, iTunes will launch, but the item will not appear in the library (with macOS 10.13.4 and Photos 3.0). But the file will be saved to the disk. Check the folder you selected in the export panel in the third row "Where: ".

You can import the exported video to iTunes by using "File > Add to Library" in iTunes. And then you can sync the video to your iPad using iTunes.

You could also import the video to Photos and add it to a shared album and sync the slideshow to iPad with iCloud Photo Sharing. (iCloud Photo Sharing - Apple Support)

move photos slideshow from mac to ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.