Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix battery drain on 6s after update 11.4

How can I fix the major battery drain on my 6s after 11.4 update? Please fix this Apple....ASAP

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 14, 2018 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2018 12:12 PM

Have a read through this discussion iOS 11.4 battery drain

It’s getting on for 30 pages now and I don’t think anyone has found a permanen solution yet, some say switching from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz wireless helps, others turn wireless off and run on cellular (ok if you have a good data plan) and I believe on another discussion someone said 11.4.1 beta had made a big improvement.

18 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2018 12:12 PM in response to deanafromcalgary

Have a read through this discussion iOS 11.4 battery drain

It’s getting on for 30 pages now and I don’t think anyone has found a permanen solution yet, some say switching from 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz wireless helps, others turn wireless off and run on cellular (ok if you have a good data plan) and I believe on another discussion someone said 11.4.1 beta had made a big improvement.

Jun 14, 2018 11:09 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thanks, but I’ve already tried these things. Phone was fine before 11.4 update...now it drains so fast that I need to charge it twice a day! Usage has not changed, in fact, I’m using it way less since it’s always charging! This problem definitely happened as a result of 11.4. Apple, please release another update to fix this major problem!

Jun 23, 2018 3:59 AM in response to deanafromcalgary

I am having the same problem. I have made three visits to the Apple store. I explain the problem and they act as though I'm the first person who has had this problem. The techs genuinely tried to fix the problem, but each time the battery drain continued. Apple management compounds this frustration. They are unwilling to admit there is a software problem with 11.4. If I treated my customers the way Apple has treated me, I would be out of business. It would be an act of good faith if Apple were to admit the problem and promise a software solution.

Jun 30, 2018 7:54 PM in response to deanafromcalgary

I suggest replacing the battery. You can contact Apple support via the app or their number and schedule a call to initate a battery replacement. I suggest doing it while they are still offering it at a reduced price. I believe around $30-$35. I planned on having my battery replaced but I also had screen issues so ended up swapping out phones. I was rather annoyed, not with Apple. I had replaced my phone through AT&T’s insurance which I believe is Asurion, just over one year ago. You pay anywhere from $100-$200 for a refurbished phone and if you don’t return your device if broken or if you happen to find it, they threaten to charge you a ridiculous amount of money. Next time I upgrade my device, I am going directly to an Apple store and purchasing their insurance. They swapped my phone out for less then it would of cost if I went through Asurion.

Jul 5, 2018 6:35 AM in response to deanafromcalgary

My husband and I both have 6s phones. My battery drained quickly while doing nothing after the last update. I had it replaced at a higher cost to me at a place that could do it right away otherwise I’d have to wait until August because the dealer closer had too many appointments and isn’t taking anymore till August.

Battery life is better during the day, but if I charge it to 100% and I then go to bed with it unplugged it’s dead in the morning.

My husband updated his phone after I got my new battery and now his phone is draining like crazy too. We’ve done a lot of changes in the settings to no avail! This is an update problem!!!

Jul 5, 2018 8:16 AM in response to Ronald75

I agree, this is an update problem, but good luck getting them to admit it. I have been to the Apple store three times. Each time they take the phone to the back and run a diagnostic and each time nothing changes. They will go to any lengths to avoid responsibility. The techs suggest I buy a new battery but they admit that mine is in good shape at 87% capacity. Where is the logic? If the Apple folks are working on a solution to this problem, they should let us know.
[Edited by Host]

How to fix battery drain on 6s after update 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.