Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Importing Clips (AVCHD) -- Major Memory Issue!

I am having a serious issue that prevents me from working with FCPx, relating to importing AVCHD clips from a Sony NX-30 camera. I have designated an external drive as the location of the library bundle, and importing clips to it - it has about 1Tb fee space. I have about 20Gb of free space on my MBPro Hard Drive, unable to create more space at present.

When importing clips, ALL of my Mac application memory and internal HD disk space gets used up within a minute or so, and the computer comes to a grinding halt, only option to hard-power off. This makes it impossible to improt the clips.

Is there a work-around? This has been a bug ever since the update to 10.4.

Anyone?

Thanks,

Geoff

Final Cut Pro X, macOS Sierra (10.12.5), FCPX 10.4, COMPRESSOR 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 14, 2018 6:31 PM

Similar questions

12 replies

Jun 20, 2018 5:51 PM in response to Alchroma

Mac OS Extended (Journaled).

Hi Al, no one would argue that plenty of free space is desirable, but this is surely a serious bug. For example, when I connect even my phone to the computer while FCPx is running, it auto launches the Import window; I shut it immediately, however, it grinds the computer down to a crash within a minute or so, unless I close FCPx immediately. It steals all system and HD memory.

20Gb of free space should be fine, when I am not even importing. Otherwise, FCPx handles the limited space without issue.

I am unable to upgrade beyond Sierra due to other studio hardware compatibilities at present, so this 10.4 version needs a patch ASAP. How can I get that message though to Apple?

Thanks

Geoff

Importing Clips (AVCHD) -- Major Memory Issue!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.