Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microphone is quiet And muffled. Audio is still pick up but barely.

Let me preface this by saying I’ve tried all the fixes. Clean install of iOS, factory reset, taken off the case and cleaned the vents. Tried resetting Lte etc. whenever I record a video via the camera app or any app that has direct connection to it my audio is fine, it sounds like an 800$ iPhone 8+ should, but when I go on voice memos or Snapchat or any app that isn’t directly connected to the “camera“ itself the audio comes back foggy and quiet. I can’t imagine there’s is a problem with the apps or the settings, and this is such a small problem I don’t even think Apple or my provider would see it as cause for repair. Any advice on improving if not fixing this would be appreciated. And all my voice memo audio comes back like this despite me recording. (There is audio but it’s so faint it doesn’t even register unless I talk directly into the mic vent) User uploaded file

Posted on Jun 14, 2018 8:10 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 17, 2018 8:06 AM in response to Crbostwi

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities Crbostwi,

I understand that audio playback on your iPhone sounds very faint when it's recorded via any app other than the Camera app. I know it's important for audio quality to be good no matter which app you're using, so I can see why you would reach out for help with this. Considering the awesome troubleshooting steps you've tried so far, I recommend reaching out to Apple Support next. You can contact them here: Contact Apple Support .

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

Microphone is quiet And muffled. Audio is still pick up but barely.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.