Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dedicated GPU not visible in "about mac"

Hi!

I run a 2017 MacBook Pro 15" with Touchbar featuring Radeon 555 2GB and 16GB of RAM. Originally when I got it, it would show the GPU specifications (both the Radeon 555 and the Intel integrated GPU) under the "About This Mac" menu, but now for some reason it has just vanished. Screenshot below:

User uploaded file

It still shows up under "System report -> Graphics/Displays".

Anyone who has any idea why, and most importantly is it still in use (thinking I would suffer from huge performance drop with graphical applications otherwise)?

MacBook Pro TouchBar and Touch ID, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jun 15, 2018 5:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2018 7:51 AM

It's only visible under "About This Mac" when it's being used. Your computer will turn on the discrete graphics and use it when necessary, when you took this picture it was unnecessary for the computer to use it. Try turning on a graphics-intensive app, and reopen the "About This Mac" window and it will show up.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2018 7:51 AM in response to status-418

It's only visible under "About This Mac" when it's being used. Your computer will turn on the discrete graphics and use it when necessary, when you took this picture it was unnecessary for the computer to use it. Try turning on a graphics-intensive app, and reopen the "About This Mac" window and it will show up.

Dedicated GPU not visible in "about mac"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.