Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why aren’t my original photos downloading from icloud library?

so i decided to turn off icloud photo library and keep all the original photos on my phone. i turned off optimised storage but none of the photos are downloading. the number in the photos app has been the same for a while now. any advice on how to download them?

Posted on Jun 15, 2018 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2018 9:47 AM

downloading the originals does not change the number of photos - it simply causes the originals to be downloaded so you have them on the Device rather than optimized photos - in Photos on a Mac you can make an album of all your photos and right click on it and select download originals to insure all are being downloaded

LN

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2018 9:47 AM in response to yerinini

downloading the originals does not change the number of photos - it simply causes the originals to be downloaded so you have them on the Device rather than optimized photos - in Photos on a Mac you can make an album of all your photos and right click on it and select download originals to insure all are being downloaded

LN

why aren’t my original photos downloading from icloud library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.