Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos

I cannot see the option for “download and keep originals” when I want to download photos from my icloud

iPhone XS

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 12:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2021 6:22 AM

Afi1234,

Take a look at the section under "Download copies of your photos and videos from your device" in Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud. To download the photos from your device, you would just need to enable iCloud Photos first and then select "Download and Keep Originals." Otherwise, the other method to download the photos you're seeing in iCloud is explained under the section titled "Download copies of your photos and videos from iCloud.com"

Have a nice day.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2021 6:22 AM in response to Afi1234

Afi1234,

Take a look at the section under "Download copies of your photos and videos from your device" in Archive or make copies of the information you store in iCloud. To download the photos from your device, you would just need to enable iCloud Photos first and then select "Download and Keep Originals." Otherwise, the other method to download the photos you're seeing in iCloud is explained under the section titled "Download copies of your photos and videos from iCloud.com"

Have a nice day.

Jul 1, 2021 7:22 AM in response to Afi1234

Hello Afi1234,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities!

We understand that you’re not seeing an option to download iCloud photos on your iOS device. We’d like to help.

Take a look at the steps in Download iCloud photos and videos, specifically the section under “How to download photos and videos from the Photos app.”

Downloading full-size copies of photos and videos from iCloud on your iOS device will take up internal device storage so just make sure you have enough storage to download the content. Here’s How to check the storage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.

Have a great day!

Jul 4, 2021 6:07 AM in response to Afi1234

Afi1234,

Thank you for providing this information. With iCloud Photos turned off, you will not see the option to "Download and Keep Originals" so this would be expected behavior. When iCloud is on, it will store what it has space for so if you're low on storage space or do not have any, the photos already in iCloud would be available there and viewable on your device. Any new photos taken would still be on your device just not in iCloud.

Take a look at Download iCloud photos and videos to learn more about how to download a copy of your photos and videos that are currently in iCloud onto your device.

Take care.

Jul 2, 2021 7:20 AM in response to barberlives123

Hello and thanks for replying

I have looked at all the steps concerning downloading photos from iCloud to the device. I do have enough space on my device and iOS is up to date. But that particular option for “download and keep originals” does not exist.

My iCloud photos sync has been automatically turned off because I do not have enough iCloud storage. But I thought I could still download even if that was the case

Jul 16, 2021 11:53 PM in response to i_rina

Hello and thanks for replying

I can only view my iCloud photos online. It is not viewable on the device. And I do understand that new photos will not be uploaded because I have run out of iCloud space. However isn’t there anyway to download my old photos already uploaded or I still need to manually download it from online?

iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.