You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iOS 18 is now available

Customize your iPhone in more ways than ever, stay connected with friends and family, and relive your favorite moments. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trust this computer flashing

I have my ip8 connect to mac air. After itunes popup with message "allow access", i clicked continue and the "trust this computer" message on my iphone kept flashing that i could not click on. I reinstalled itunes, restarted my mac, cleared privacy but none did not work.

Can anyone please help?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 16, 2018 11:10 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 5:28 PM

Hello phuongnguyen3101,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're unable to trust your computer when connecting your iPhone 8 Plus to your MacBook Air. You've done some great steps to help isolate possible causes. I would be happy to point you towards a resolution.

The following resource provides some additional troubleshooting steps to try for this issue:

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, check out this section:

Get help

If you tap Trust or Don't Trust but iOS doesn't accept your answer, or if the Trust alert won't appear, follow these steps. Try again after each:

1. Make sure that your computer has the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Disconnect and reconnect your iOS device from your computer.
  3. Restart your iOS device and your computer.
  4. Reset your Trust settings.

If the above steps don't help, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

If you downloaded iTunes for Windows from the Microsoft Store, make sure that iTunes Mobile Device Helper is enabled as a startup item.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Take care!
1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jun 18, 2018 5:28 PM in response to phuongnguyen3101

Hello phuongnguyen3101,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're unable to trust your computer when connecting your iPhone 8 Plus to your MacBook Air. You've done some great steps to help isolate possible causes. I would be happy to point you towards a resolution.

The following resource provides some additional troubleshooting steps to try for this issue:

About the 'Trust This Computer' alert on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Specifically, check out this section:

Get help

If you tap Trust or Don't Trust but iOS doesn't accept your answer, or if the Trust alert won't appear, follow these steps. Try again after each:

1. Make sure that your computer has the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Disconnect and reconnect your iOS device from your computer.
  3. Restart your iOS device and your computer.
  4. Reset your Trust settings.

If the above steps don't help, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you’ve used before.

If you downloaded iTunes for Windows from the Microsoft Store, make sure that iTunes Mobile Device Helper is enabled as a startup item.

If you still need help, contact Apple Support.

Take care!

Trust this computer flashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.