Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

failed iCloud login on Macbook pro with correct login information.

Product: MacBook Pro, 2.2 GHz Intel i7, running macOS High Sierra (10.13.5).

When I attempt to login to iCloud (from System Preferences) using my apple ID, the system attempts to process the login information, looks like it is going to login, and then returns to the login page as if nothing happened. Below I have attached a screenshot of the login page which the system returns to after spending maybe 15 seconds attempting to login: User uploaded file

I am most certainly logging in with the correct information and not making login mistakes, as it would tell me my information is incorrect. In my situation, I am not getting any alerts for incorrect information but rather the system seems to simply fail at logging in to iCloud.

I also have an iPhone 8 and an iPad. On both of those, iCloud works fine. In the past, iCloud has worked flawlessly on my macbook. When I login to iCloud on my browser, my macbook does not appear as one of my devices. This has been happening for a couple weeks now and persisted after I updated my software to 10.13.5.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jun 17, 2018 7:02 PM

11 replies

Jun 18, 2018 11:15 AM in response to dnljhnsn

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. Also try the Safe Mode.

Isolating an issue by using another user account

Safe Mode - About

Safe Mode Startup – El Capitan. also Sierra

If it works in the Safe Mode, try running this program when booted normally and then copy and paste the output in a reply. The program was created by Etresoft, a frequent contributor. Please use copy and paste as screen shots can be hard to read. Click “Share Report” button in the toolbar, select “Copy to Clipboard” and then paste into a reply. This will show what is running on your computer. No personal information is shown.

Etrecheck – System Information

failed iCloud login on Macbook pro with correct login information.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.