Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

macOS high Sierra login trouble

I am having macos high sierra. Once it was hanged so manually restarted it. After that I am unable to login. After login one more login scree comes but in that all chars are junk and user name and password is blank. If I type my user name and password. It doesn't accept it. I am not sure what to do? MacBook Air

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 10:25 AM

Hi,

"all chars are junk and user name and password is blank"

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that might help

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2018 10:25 AM in response to Michaelwyckoff

Hi,

"all chars are junk and user name and password is blank"

A Safe Mode boot deletes system caches that might help

To start up in safe mode:

1. Start or restart your Mac, then immediately press and hold the Shift key. The Apple logo appears on your display. If you don't see the Apple logo, learn what to do.
  2. Release the Shift key when you see the login window. If your startup disk is encrypted with FileVault.

To leave safe mode, restart your Mac without pressing any keys during startup.

Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

macOS high Sierra login trouble

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.