Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Touch ID issues after update to 11.4

Anybody have issues on their iPhone 6 after getting the 11.4 update in reference to the Touch ID? Mine doesn’t even recognize that I have my finger on it anymore. Won’t even allow me to create new fingerprint either. What’s the deal?

Posted on Jun 19, 2018 2:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2018 2:12 PM

I would first try backing your phone up either by iTunes or iCloud (personally prefer iTunes, but it's your call on this) and try restoring your iPhone to a fresh copy of 11.4 to see if Touch ID starts working, if it doesn't then this is definitely a hardware issue and trust me when I say it isn't always your fault and Apple can help you reconnect it or fix it in the Apple Store by contacting them to set up an appointment if the above method doesn't work Contact Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2018 2:12 PM in response to cjpellegrino1865

I would first try backing your phone up either by iTunes or iCloud (personally prefer iTunes, but it's your call on this) and try restoring your iPhone to a fresh copy of 11.4 to see if Touch ID starts working, if it doesn't then this is definitely a hardware issue and trust me when I say it isn't always your fault and Apple can help you reconnect it or fix it in the Apple Store by contacting them to set up an appointment if the above method doesn't work Contact Apple Support

Touch ID issues after update to 11.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.