Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Boot Camp from USB 3.0, Install Windows 10

Boot Camp stuck

1 - As I am trying to install Windows 10 through a USB 3.0, MacBook Pro El Capitan 64-bit EFI. Downloaded 64-bit ISO from Microsoft. Started Boot Camp. Checked all 3 boxes in Boot Camp. Selected Windows 10 ISO.

NOTE: Strange thing though. I had to watch carefully after selecting CHOOSE, selecting W10 ISO, and deleting open. It would actually select the next ISO file in the folder. Had to move the W10 ISO to its own folder.)

2 - Boot Camp created the W10 ISO on USB 3 32gb SanDisk drive Fat32. Next downloaded support files and installed updated files on the MacBook Pro. (Wish the software prompt would have told me EXACTLY what was being loaded that I had to enter my password 2 times??

3 - Boot Camp also brought up the screen to partition the Boot Camp hard drive and presumably create a Bootable Boot Camp partition. Again wish the software prompted EXACTLY what it was doing?? Perhaps installing Start up preferences and creating a Fat32 partition with either MBR or hybrid GPT/MBR??

MacBook Pro rebooted. Stuck on boot up screen with Apple Logo. Let it run overnight. Still there. Plugged in Ethernet to change from wireless (hopefully the time capsule 2.4 and not the 5.0 since 2.4 is the default.)

"This window never opens and the installation is frozen."

Before starting Boot Camp Assistant (BCA), tried to boot directly from Microsoft OEM 64-bit W10 Optical Disk on start up (Option key). Also tried to boot directly from Microsoft Retail 64-bit W10 flash drive. Start up manager would not recognize either one. Created on a USB 2.0 16gb flash drive Fat32 MBR as well as on the USB 3.0 32gb flash drive Fat32 MBR. Copied ISO to flash drive then tired them using Boot Camp. None would show up in Boot Manage. However, all show up in Finder and Disk Utility and all are ejectable.

Please where do I go from here? Please answer if you have had the same issues and how you solved it.

MacBook Pro, OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), USB 2, Optical Drive,

Posted on Jun 20, 2018 1:11 PM

Similar questions

9 replies

Jun 20, 2018 6:48 PM in response to Loner T

Thank you. Will the above link MacBook Pro 17" late 2007 (model 3,1)Windows 7 using Boot Camp (modified copy of info.plist to ATTEMPT install W10-64 bit) install 64-bit drivers from Windows Support folder downloaded in Boot Camp?

If not, do you have a source to obtain 64-bit drivers?

Then hope to put them in the Boot Camp created "Windows Support" folder to install as part of Boot Camp install.

Jun 20, 2018 7:35 PM in response to Dalece

You will need to download the W7 ISO from the Microsoft Download page, burn it to blank DVD-R SL disc and use the Install option to install W7 and then use the link to download the correct drivers to a USB2 Flash drive and run setup.exe from the Bootcamp folder.

You cannot use the option which was manually enabled in the Info.plist for USB installation.

Jun 21, 2018 10:41 AM in response to Loner T

Cannot

download the Windows 7 64-bit for MacBookPro 17 as it required a product key. I only have a product key for the Windows 10 Professional 64-bit for MacBook Pro 17 inch late 2007 Model 3,1. So how do I proceed from here to install Windows 7 64-bit, get the 64-bit Windows 7, Windows Support drivers, and install Windows 10 64-bit?

Boot Camp from USB 3.0, Install Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.