Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone WiFi not prompting for ID and password

I am in a hotel in France. The hotel has a unsecured WiFi, that when connected to it, is supposed to prompt me for a ID and password. On my iPhone (6s+w/ iOs???, pretty sure its the latest), when I connect to hotel WiFI. it "connects" but says "no internet connection", and an "?" on top the greyed-out WiFi icon. On my wife's iPhone, she is prompted for an ID and password, then is connected. I have tried "Forget this network" and turned off "auto join", but neither helps me connect. Ideas? Thanks.

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2018 11:21 PM

Success! Thank you so much.

I reset Network settings, as you suggested. After reboot, went to Wifi and joined hotel network. Got response "Unable to Join the network" and clicked OK. Settings showed the I had not connected. So I clicked on the hotel network a 2nd time, and voila1, it prompted me for ID password.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2018 11:21 PM in response to mhwill

Success! Thank you so much.

I reset Network settings, as you suggested. After reboot, went to Wifi and joined hotel network. Got response "Unable to Join the network" and clicked OK. Settings showed the I had not connected. So I clicked on the hotel network a 2nd time, and voila1, it prompted me for ID password.

iPhone WiFi not prompting for ID and password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.