Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a AT&T DSL modem router combo. How do I disable the router part so it will not interfere with Airport?

How to , or should I , disable router side of modem combo?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.1)

Posted on Jun 23, 2018 6:16 AM

2 replies

Jun 23, 2018 6:43 AM in response to paultheplumber

You won't be able to disable the "router part" of the modem/router that ATT has provided, but you can usually turn off the WiFi function on the device if you don't need or want to have two devices providing a WiFi signal.

Without knowing anything about the ATT product, your best bet is to check with ATT support if you want to turn off the WiFi.

Typically, you will enter the default IP address of the product in your Internet browser to get at the settings for the device.......something like 192.168.1.254......for example. Then, you will be asked for the user name and password, which is usually on a label on the bottom or back of the modem/router.

I have a AT&T DSL modem router combo. How do I disable the router part so it will not interfere with Airport?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.