Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set up my iPhone 6s without SIM card

I don’t know how to set up my iPhone with out sim card

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 23, 2018 8:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2018 4:55 PM

You must have a SIM card to activate every iPhone. The card need not be associated with any active cellular service account. If the phone is carrier locked, the SIM must be from that carrier. If it is carrier unlocked, any SIM will do. You can borrow one temporarily to activate your phone, then return it once done (Apple activation doesn’t alter anything about or in the SIM itself).

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2018 4:55 PM in response to Georgealmazo

You must have a SIM card to activate every iPhone. The card need not be associated with any active cellular service account. If the phone is carrier locked, the SIM must be from that carrier. If it is carrier unlocked, any SIM will do. You can borrow one temporarily to activate your phone, then return it once done (Apple activation doesn’t alter anything about or in the SIM itself).

How do I set up my iPhone 6s without SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.