Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Size of Chinese font is different in a sentence.

User uploaded file

I’m using iPhone 8 plus with iOS 11.4. When I’m typing in chinese , I realize that some of the font is much more smaller than the other font. I had tried to adjust the font size both in the apps and the apple system but all of my efforts was futile. It was quite disturbing and perplexing when reading the Chinese sentences. I had set the Chinese keyboard too but yet the problem still could be solved. If it is the iOS system problem, I hope it can be solved as soon as possible . Thank you

Posted on Jun 24, 2018 10:42 PM

10 replies

Jun 26, 2018 9:58 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

I didn’t download any extra keyboard. I’m only using the Apple original system keyboard. You can see the words 精进is the traditional Chinese font and the size is much more smaller than the simplified Chinese font...... I realized that there are mixing of traditional Chinese fonts in the simplified Chinese keyboard...... I think it might be the system key in problem......

User uploaded file

Jun 26, 2018 10:29 AM in response to sun616

I only have an ipad, but it the same iOS, and I can't see the difference in the keyboard that you see. I want to make sure it is not the 3rd party app. Or an extra font (not keyboard) which has gotten installed.

Also go to settings > general > language and region and tell me what the order of languages is on the list. Make sure that simplified chinese is higher on the list than japanese.

Size of Chinese font is different in a sentence.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.