Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

There is an email I received that saccount, and that if I don’t verify it within 24 hours it will shut down. The link it shows is very convincing.

The link they supply sends you to an apple website, or it looks just like it, where they have you login and then punch in your name, address, social security number, phone number. It’s a .org website tho and didn’t seem right to ask for my SSN. The email says it was sent for Apple but I don’t think so. Who can I give this info to? And why is it so hard to contact an Apple rep for a serious security issue? Ridiculous.

Posted on Jun 25, 2018 9:03 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 25, 2018 9:26 AM in response to Bernielewis

it has nothing to do with Apple and you should NEVER click on any link in any Phishing message - doing so endangers all of your system and information - you may have already installed malwear on your Mac by visiting the fake site - I suggest purchasing MalwearBytes(a safe program by a respected member of these forums) to check and protect your Mac

LN

There is an email I received that saccount, and that if I don’t verify it within 24 hours it will shut down. The link it shows is very convincing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.