Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manually managing music does not work

I am having a hard time managing my music and syncing too much to my phone. All software is updated and i've gone through the "manually manage music and videos" tutorial many times. My problem is that my computer is trying to copy two of each song from my library to my phone. Even that, it o\is only allowing me to listen to a fraction of that list and most of the music is grayed out on the phone its self, and every time i try to do something it tries to sync taking hours and by the time it gets close, my phone disconnects. I want to be able to plug my phone in and put songs on and off from the computer and manager everything without it always trying too sync EVERYTHING from my computer. All help is largely appreciated as this has been an ongoing issue for some time I also do not use apple music, just old school buying from itunes

iPhone 6, iOS 11.4, On Windows computer

Posted on Jun 25, 2018 3:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2018 10:09 AM

Sign out of iTunes on the device. Backup to iTunes. Restore as new device. Restore your backup. Select media to sync. Sync. Sign into iTunes on device.

tt2

Similar questions

1 reply

Manually managing music does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.