Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why iPhone 6 is being hanging after new update

y my iPhone 6 16 gb phone hangs after the update 11.4 the phone slow down n the phone hangs

Posted on Jun 26, 2018 12:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2018 9:32 AM

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, palashfromsangli!

I understand that after having updated your iPhone to iOS 11.4, you've noticed a slow down on your device. I understand how important it is to have your iPhone working its best, and would be happy to help.

Please check out iPhone Battery and Performance :

This performance management works by looking at a combination of the device temperature, battery state of charge, and battery impedance. Only if these variables require it, iOS will dynamically manage the maximum performance of some system components, such as the CPU and GPU, in order to prevent unexpected shutdowns. As a result, the device workloads will self-balance, allowing a smoother distribution of system tasks, rather than larger, quick spikes of performance all at once. In some cases, a user may not notice any differences in daily device performance. The level of perceived change depends on how much performance management is required for a particular device.

In cases that require more extreme forms of this performance management, the user may notice effects such as:

• Longer app launch times
  • Lower frame rates while scrolling
  • Backlight dimming (which can be overridden in Control Center)
  • Lower speaker volume by up to -3dB
  • Gradual frame rate reductions in some apps
  • During the most extreme cases, the camera flash will be disabled as visible in the camera UI
  • Apps refreshing in background may require reloading upon launch

Many key areas are not impacted by this performance management feature. Some of these include:

• Cellular call quality and networking throughput performance
  • Captured photo and video quality
  • GPS performance
  • Location accuracy
  • Sensors like gyroscope, accelerometer, barometer
  • Apple Pay
I hope this addresses your concern.
Have a great day!
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2018 9:32 AM in response to palashfromsangli

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities, palashfromsangli!

I understand that after having updated your iPhone to iOS 11.4, you've noticed a slow down on your device. I understand how important it is to have your iPhone working its best, and would be happy to help.

Please check out iPhone Battery and Performance :

This performance management works by looking at a combination of the device temperature, battery state of charge, and battery impedance. Only if these variables require it, iOS will dynamically manage the maximum performance of some system components, such as the CPU and GPU, in order to prevent unexpected shutdowns. As a result, the device workloads will self-balance, allowing a smoother distribution of system tasks, rather than larger, quick spikes of performance all at once. In some cases, a user may not notice any differences in daily device performance. The level of perceived change depends on how much performance management is required for a particular device.

In cases that require more extreme forms of this performance management, the user may notice effects such as:

• Longer app launch times
  • Lower frame rates while scrolling
  • Backlight dimming (which can be overridden in Control Center)
  • Lower speaker volume by up to -3dB
  • Gradual frame rate reductions in some apps
  • During the most extreme cases, the camera flash will be disabled as visible in the camera UI
  • Apps refreshing in background may require reloading upon launch

Many key areas are not impacted by this performance management feature. Some of these include:

• Cellular call quality and networking throughput performance
  • Captured photo and video quality
  • GPS performance
  • Location accuracy
  • Sensors like gyroscope, accelerometer, barometer
  • Apple Pay
I hope this addresses your concern.
Have a great day!

Why iPhone 6 is being hanging after new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.