Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get rid of the Faces name when viewing photos?

When I browse through each photo of my childhood the name of each person pops up and obscures the photo. I know who they are, I just want to see the photograph. How do I put an end to this?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)

Posted on Jun 26, 2018 2:32 PM

7 replies

Jun 29, 2018 8:35 AM in response to Cassie Cookie

Cassie Cookie wrote:

I just saw in another community that to stop seeing the Face Names on The page listed for only tells you the virtues of Faces, not how to get rid of them.

It is the last sentence of this paragraph:

"Identify and dame people in individual photos:"

1. Double-click a photo to open it.
  2. Do one of the following:
    • Choose View > Show Face Names. Click the name (or “unnamed”) under a face, type a name, then press Return (or choose a name that appears as you type).
    • Click the Info button User uploaded file in the toolbar. Click the Add button User uploaded file, drag the circle to position it over the face if necessary, click the Name field, type a name, then press Return.You can click the Add button User uploaded file multiple times to identify multiple faces in a photo. To remove a name that you added to a face, click the Remove button User uploaded file on the person.
    • Double-click the photo to open it, then scroll down to People. Double-click the photo under People, click Add Name in the toolbar, then type a name in the Name field (or choose a name that appears as you type). Click the Next button, then click Done.

To stop showing face names in photos, choose View > Hide Face Names.

By default the faces circles will not be displayed, only, if you enable them to show in the View menu.

How do I get rid of the Faces name when viewing photos?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.