Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Repeated "Sign In to iTunes Store" Pop-up

Every few hours/days on my new iPhone8+, I get a pop-up saying "Sign In to iTunes Store", followed by a prompt for the password to my father's Apple ID password. I do not know why I am prompted to enter my father's password - it may have to do with the fact that I was formerly part of some kind of family plan organized by him. I want the pop-ups to stop without having to ask my father for the password to his account.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 26, 2018 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2018 2:07 PM

Hello Joseph,

Your link was broken, but I assume the article you were referring to was this:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201762#iOS

When I checked the iTunes store, I was already signed in as myself, not my father. Even so, I signed out and signed back in to see if it would fix the problem. It did not: I am still getting the request to enter my father's password, even though I am signed in to the iTunes store with my own account.

-Bolton

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2018 2:07 PM in response to Joseph_S.

Hello Joseph,

Your link was broken, but I assume the article you were referring to was this:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/ht201762#iOS

When I checked the iTunes store, I was already signed in as myself, not my father. Even so, I signed out and signed back in to see if it would fix the problem. It did not: I am still getting the request to enter my father's password, even though I am signed in to the iTunes store with my own account.

-Bolton

Jun 28, 2018 9:50 AM in response to BoltonBailey

Hello BoltonBailey,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are being asked to sign in to the iTunes Store with your father's Apple ID. Take a look at this article to reset the Apple ID used to sign in to the iTunes Store.

Sign in to the iTunes Store on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, PC, or Apple TV

Replace your father's Apple ID with yours and use your password.

Best regards.

Repeated "Sign In to iTunes Store" Pop-up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.