Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this a legit email below ?

Hi , I received this email this morning from Apple ID support saying this below . I just want to know whether this is a legit email . It isn’t personalised with my name or anything and the laying and spelling / grammar is very poor . I’m pretty sure I haven’t violated anything . Can anyone give give me an indication if this is legit or not ?

Hi Customer

Your Apple ID will be disable because of some violated policies

Noticed Alert Account Information

we see significant changes in your account activity

The following changes to your Apple ID ware made on 27 June 2018

we've noticed that some of your account information appears to be missing and invali

we need to verify your information in order to continue using your Apple ID

Please open the Attached file and verify your Apple ID before 24 hours, or your apple id will be disable

Thanks

Apple Customer Support

Posted on Jun 27, 2018 5:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2018 5:40 PM

It isn't legit for the reasons you mentioned.

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address. The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2018 5:40 PM in response to honorfromgeelong

It isn't legit for the reasons you mentioned.

Apple will always address you by your name or the name they have on file for you, not Dear Customer, Dear Client or by using your e-mail address. The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

The only exception to the above I have noticed is if you order something from the Apple Store (apple.com), your receipt will be addressed to Dear Apple Customer. That is a receipt for a purchase you initiated.

Avoid phishing emails, fake ‘virus‘ alerts, phony support calls, and other scams

Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store

Send the e-mail to Apple as an attachment to a new e-mail before deleting it. You can forward as an attachment by going to Mail/Message/Forward as attachment.

reportphishing@apple.com

Is this a legit email below ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.