Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Viking VK-1 Synth Plugin Won't Show in Logic

I recently downloaded this free plug in - http://blamsoft.com/vst/vk-1-viking-synthesizer/

It was all quick and simple but it does not show in logic even after a restart. The only thing I could think of was that there is no component in the components folder? If anyone could test this out it will only take a couple of minutes and if it works you get a quality free plugin!

Thanks

C

Posted on Jun 28, 2018 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2018 9:43 AM in response to cal_spirit

Nothing to try, that is a VST plugin (so look in that folder, and there it is). Logic is only compatible with AU plugins. Most plugin makers will offer both formats. Not this one, it seems. So, it won't work in Logic or Garageband. Maybe ask the dev if there are plans to make an AU version?

There are others that can do what that thing can do (=pretend to be a sixties/seventies mooglike synth), and probably better. I'll see what I can find for you, if you are into emulated older synths.

Viking VK-1 Synth Plugin Won't Show in Logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.