Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email from Camera lost

In the Camera app on my ipad, I selected some photos in Camera Roll, then selected Mail. Photos were attached, and I wrote a long email, then before sending it, I switched to Safari to check something. Now I can’t find that email in Camera or in Mail (eg in Drafts). Where could it be?

iPad Air, iOS 11.4, null

Posted on Jun 29, 2018 9:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2018 11:13 PM

When you select the camera roll, you are, in fact, automatically switching to the Photos app. The camera app does not have the capability of sending emails or anything else besides doing what a camera does: take pictures.

And, if you do not save (or send) an email before switching to another app, it will disappear. You need to save it if you want to close the app.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2018 11:13 PM in response to colinatascoli

When you select the camera roll, you are, in fact, automatically switching to the Photos app. The camera app does not have the capability of sending emails or anything else besides doing what a camera does: take pictures.

And, if you do not save (or send) an email before switching to another app, it will disappear. You need to save it if you want to close the app.

Jun 29, 2018 10:21 PM in response to babowa

Thank you for that, but what I did was select the Camera Roll in Camera, select the Share icon, which then shows various options. So I selected some photos in Camera Roll, then selected the Mail icon, which opened an email window with all the photos attached, then I addressed it, added text, and I should have hit Send, but instead went to Safari, and then returned to Camera and Mail, but there was no sign of my email. Try it, it works every time.

I never use Photos, but I have just opened it and done the same thing - and it did not lose the message if I went to other apps and returned, so I have learnt to use Photos in future, and then this won’t happen again.

email from Camera lost

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.