Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Booking.com icon

I got an Adobe Acrobat download prompt and before you know it, I got this Booking.com app on my Launchpad and I can't delete it. Is this spam? How do I delete this icon? No x on it when I tried to delete it.

Posted on Jun 30, 2018 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2018 3:05 PM

Yes, it's a known scam. Never accept any Flash Player download except from the Official Adobe Website or from within System Preferences > Flash Player > Check for updates. Those other phony pop-ups will install malware.

Go to your Applications folder and delete it from there. If that doesn't work run Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes was developed by one of our own colleagues here in ASC and is about the most proven anti-malware software for Mac.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2018 3:05 PM in response to DemetriP1

Yes, it's a known scam. Never accept any Flash Player download except from the Official Adobe Website or from within System Preferences > Flash Player > Check for updates. Those other phony pop-ups will install malware.

Go to your Applications folder and delete it from there. If that doesn't work run Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes was developed by one of our own colleagues here in ASC and is about the most proven anti-malware software for Mac.

Jun 30, 2018 3:33 PM in response to macjack

Hi there. With regard to the first step - going to my Applications folder and deleting it, you are referring to the Launchpad and deleting it! Correct? I clicked the Control and Left-click on my mouse to see if an x showed up so I could delete it. No such luck. I wasn't able to move it to the Trash bin. I did download this Malwarebytes application though. How do I go about deleting this Booking.com app with Malwarebytes?

Thanks in advance

Jun 30, 2018 3:41 PM in response to macjack

I just ran your application Malwarebytes and I went to the Launchpad to see if the icon was still there. It is now gone. I guess this worked. I think what happened was a phony Adobe Acrobat prompt came up followed by some pop-up tele prompt. I tried delete it a few minutes ago, but I wasn't able to until I used this Malwarebytes application you mentioned. I'll check to see if I can go to Safari and make sure it doesn't pop up.

Thanks again

Booking.com icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.