Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Login to Yahoo Mail account after password change

Having changed my BT password on my PC I tried to change it on my iPhone 6, 7 and iPad and I cannot re-set it. Yahoo (BT) say it's an Apple problem, Apple say it's a Yahoo (BT) problem. I've turned the phone on and off repeatedly, changed password again, removed then reinstalled the Mail app, nothing works for my Yahoo account. I get the same error messages every time from Yahoo..."Uh-oh! Looks as if something went wrong. Please try again later." I'm now 4 days down the line with the same issue. Has anyone else had this problem please and how have they resolved it? Incidentally I can log onto my BT Yahoo Email account via the web browser without issues.Thanks

iPhone 7, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2018 5:15 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 2, 2018 12:52 PM in response to paolo176

Hello paolo176,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities and asking for help with Mail. This article will help you checking the cause:

If you can't send or receive emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If all else fails, the article has a step at the end to remove the account, and re-add it back, which is different than deleting the Mail app. Thanks and have a wonderful day.

Jul 8, 2018 7:24 AM in response to paolo176

Same thing with me

I have also lost my contacts on iPhone

I have managed to create a binternet account in settings to access email but in doing so deleted the old by yahoo account created another

The new account on my iPhone created by selecting ‘other’ and Not yahoo

As a result of this it does not include contacts and calendars and and has wiped my contacts

My contacts are still in the yahoo web version

Am in the process of backing them up to the iCloud to get them back on my phone

This needs a fix to access Yahoo from iPhone iOS 11 and above I think

Probably from a collaboration between BT, Yahoo and Apple

Not happy with Bt or Apple or Yahoo

Unable to Login to Yahoo Mail account after password change

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.