Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove old credit cards from Apple Pay?

My old credit card that I have closed still shows up in Wallet underneath the "add new card" feature. It's not activated but it still appears. I've removed it from iCloud and followed every other way that is mentioned but it still shows up when go in "add new card".

________________________________________________________________________________ _______

I am not able to respond to the existing thread as it is now closed. I had the same problem and took the same steps suggested online to try to remove (settings/Wallet and also iCloud).

I contacted Apple Support. They told me that my card is not active anymore but that it takes up to 7 days for the card to stop showing up in the “add new card” section. They gave me a case number and told me to call back in a week if it is still showing.

Posted on Jul 1, 2018 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 8:06 AM

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

To add some additional details for those researching a similar issue, my original problem was not that I did not know how to remove my credit card from the Apple wallet. The issue was that even after removing my card using the method listed in the response above and also by following directions I found online about deleting my credit card from iCloud, my credit card image continued to be visible in the Apple Wallet. Not visible on the main Wallet screen, but when I pressed the plus sign to add a new card.

As mentioned in my original post when I contacted Apple they said my card was removed and not active in the Apple Wallet, but that it would take 7 days for the image of my deleted credit card to disappear. In my case it seemed to take 8 days.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 21, 2018 8:06 AM in response to Bencheon57

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my post.

To add some additional details for those researching a similar issue, my original problem was not that I did not know how to remove my credit card from the Apple wallet. The issue was that even after removing my card using the method listed in the response above and also by following directions I found online about deleting my credit card from iCloud, my credit card image continued to be visible in the Apple Wallet. Not visible on the main Wallet screen, but when I pressed the plus sign to add a new card.

As mentioned in my original post when I contacted Apple they said my card was removed and not active in the Apple Wallet, but that it would take 7 days for the image of my deleted credit card to disappear. In my case it seemed to take 8 days.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.