Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I export heart rate data?

I've had my Series 3 Apple Watch for almost 2 months now. I find it invaluable to monitor my workouts, including calories burnt, etc. I would like to keep track of my heart rate both during and after a workout. I know you can do this through the Activity app on the phone. However, I would like to be able to export these data to a spreadsheet so I can keep track of them graphically. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 4.3.1, No cellular

Posted on Jul 2, 2018 10:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2018 11:58 AM

I'm not sure about everything, or where it can go, but if you go to the Health App, then tap on Health Data on the bottom of the screen, you can then tap on the person's head icon in the top right of the page. From there, it shows your information and you should be able to see the command, Export Health Data at the bottom of the screen. I'm not in a position to mess with this right now, but it brings up a prompt, Are you sue you want to do this, Cancel Export. Worse case it is not the data you want.

See this page from the iPhone User Guide; https://help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iph27f6325b2

Export all your health data. Tap Health Data, tap User uploaded file, then tap Export Health Data. Your data is exported in XML format, a common format for sharing data between apps.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2018 11:58 AM in response to David Fritzinger

I'm not sure about everything, or where it can go, but if you go to the Health App, then tap on Health Data on the bottom of the screen, you can then tap on the person's head icon in the top right of the page. From there, it shows your information and you should be able to see the command, Export Health Data at the bottom of the screen. I'm not in a position to mess with this right now, but it brings up a prompt, Are you sue you want to do this, Cancel Export. Worse case it is not the data you want.

See this page from the iPhone User Guide; https://help.apple.com/iphone/11/#/iph27f6325b2

Export all your health data. Tap Health Data, tap User uploaded file, then tap Export Health Data. Your data is exported in XML format, a common format for sharing data between apps.

Jul 3, 2018 4:29 PM in response to David Fritzinger

You're welcome. As an XML file, which is what it is supposed to export as, it should open with a newer version of Excel. Depending on the version that you have.

I went ahead and took the time to export mine, and since I don't have a Mac, I emailed the resulting file from the Share screen. Unfortunately, something happened in the export, so I'll have to test it again to see. This has been the first time that I tested this, but was originally going by the information I posted from the User Guide.

How do I export heart rate data?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.