Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery issues since 11.4 update

I have an iPhone SE, which I purchased new in January 2018.

About two weeks ago I did a software update to IOS 11.4

Since the update my battery continues to drain power at an alarming rate.

I am having battery drain problems.

As an example, a few nights ago my battery was charged at 100%, went to bed and in the morning it was at 49%. The next night same thing, 100% at night then 29% in the morning.

I never experience this before the update. I tried turning off certain apps that I don’t use, reduced the brightness of the screen and change my e-mail setting from push to fetch (30 minutes), however, this doesn’t seem to work.

Today I visited the Apple store and spoke to a very friendly lady that works at their Genius Bar. She ran a number of diagnostic phone tests and everything came out fine. She made a few adjustments:

1) Change my e-mail settings to fetch (1 hour)

2) Changed my Battery to Low Power Mode

3) Turned off Background App Refresh

Not sure what the results will be until a few days from now.

Are others experiencing the same issue? Is there a problem with 11.4 update?

Any help would be appreciated .

iPhone SE, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 2, 2018 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2018 6:48 AM

This has happened to me and probably thousands of others. Apple has not officially commented. Folks are hopeful that 11.4.1 will fix it when released. Many folks report turning off WI-FI stops the battery drain, some report that switching from 5ghz to 2.4 also fixes it.

See this thread, one of hundreds on Apple Support forums.

iOS 11.4 Battery Drain!

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2018 6:48 AM in response to gary08022

This has happened to me and probably thousands of others. Apple has not officially commented. Folks are hopeful that 11.4.1 will fix it when released. Many folks report turning off WI-FI stops the battery drain, some report that switching from 5ghz to 2.4 also fixes it.

See this thread, one of hundreds on Apple Support forums.

iOS 11.4 Battery Drain!

Battery issues since 11.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.