Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 11.4 Battery Drain!

Why and how do I fix the new issue with battery drain after updating to iOS 11.4? Before updating, might loose as much as 10% overnight on my 6s. After update it now drains completely from 100% over the course of the night to the point that it won’t start until I plug it in and let it charge a bit. iPad air2 drains much more as well, but not to the same extreme.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 3, 2018 3:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2018 6:03 PM

My iPhone 6S was loosing 30 - 40% overnight on standby after updating to 11.4. I tried virtuall all recommendations over a 4 day period. I finally gave up and rolled back to 11.3.1. Now only drains 0 to 1% overnight. Pretty clear apple needs to step up on this one.

Similar questions

109 replies

Jul 6, 2018 1:10 PM in response to Android_Contemplation

See this. Apple Beta Software Program

Understand that use of a public beta can result in your device becoming unusable, and I know what you are going to say next, so don't. Fact also, you cannot get any assistance here, or the public forum, since you will have signed an NDA to participate.

There have been posts about some users with iOS 11.4 experiencing battery issues, however no one I know has seen it. There is supposed to be a possible 11.4.1 being prepared to address this. Some users have said that turning off wi-fi, or at least using a 2.4Ghz connection instead of 5Ghz helps. I've not had problems with all of our devices here with my 5Ghz wi-fi, but your mileage may vary.

Jun 11, 2018 2:56 PM in response to WLW7734

Ah.. well that’s annoying, ever since I updated to iOS 11.4 about 2-3 days ago my battery has been draining significantly like it goes from 90% to 40% in the space of like 2-3 hours when not in use and was on airplane mode to avoid the battery going down and it’s driving bf me crazy to be honest, it’s a shame that they stopped allowing going back to iOS 11.3.1

Jun 13, 2018 1:07 PM in response to UHERE

Same here. iPhone 6s. I changed my wifi connection to 2Gz from 5 Gz and that has stopped the need for continual charging every few hours. However, my sites load really, really slow--so not much of a fix. I had done a hard reset on my ipod touch 6th generation and that did not fix the problem, only caused more headaches.

Battery health is fine on all devices. I have not update my ipad and am not going to after this mess.

APPLE: TIME TO PUT OUT A FIX!!! EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING. NEXT PHONE WILL NOT BE AN IPHONE.

Jun 14, 2018 6:34 AM in response to Zubair11

my 6s was having the severe battery drain after installing 11.4. Had to charge every 6 hrs with moderate use. blocking my home wifi to the 5g band helped a bunch, was back to near normal. I did a Network Settings reset and afterwards the 5g connection worked much better as far as near normal battery drain. 2 days ago i rejoined the Apple Beta iOS tester group to be able to download and install Public Beta 2 of iOS 11.4.1. Having run that for 1.5 days now, I can say my phone is back to normal. Yesterday i had 19 hours of standby and 3.75 hrs of usage and was still at 45% when i went to bed.

Beta firmware has its potential downfalls, so only choose this if understood. My phone is not a critical or business related device so was able to do this for my situation without fear.

Jun 14, 2018 12:47 PM in response to MarkK...ski

This battery drain problem also extends to my iPad Mini four. Maybe Apple will take the issue seriously when reminded that these devices are approved by the FAA and used as a paperless cockpit. What happens when the device can no longer perform the length of the flight? Apple has created a situation where the device no longer performs as they advertise.

iOS 11.4 Battery Drain!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.