Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook repeatedly asks for a password

I'm having multiple issues with my iPhone software and I don't know how to fix the root cause of any of them.

Firstly, the settings on my phone repeatedly asks me to enter a facebook password no matter how many times I enter it. Error message 'Enter the Facebook password for "x@email.com" in Settings'.

I have tried every fix I can think of beside a complete reboot of my phone (deleting the account in settings, deleting the app, changing my password, restarting my phone). None of these have worked for me.

The second (and I believe linked) issue I'm having is with the tinder app. It asks me to 'log in with facebook', I click the button, it asks me for access to basic profile info, I click OK, then it asks me to log in with facebook again in a cycle. Tinder itself is a fairly awful app and usually gives some sort of error, but this is the most persistent one so far and I believe it's because of the issue I have with facebook.

To fix it I've tried deleting facebook (+ account in settings), deleting tinder, reinstalling facebook, and reinstalling tinder, to no avail.

Please help!

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 10.1.1

Posted on Jul 4, 2018 4:46 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 4, 2018 4:59 AM in response to Rumman15

Not sure about this but when you deleted the apps did you reboot your device prior to adding them back again, also did you just reinstall the Facebook App first to see what happens before adding any others that probably use FB to sign in with.

The only other option is to try “Reset All Settings”, it doesn’t remove your data but you will have some reconfiguring and password entry work to do.

Jul 5, 2018 2:13 PM in response to DaringDean

It really depends on how many networks you connect to on a regular basis, most of us only probably have two or three main ones because we use cellular more often than not. If you also have iCloud Keychains enabled your other passwords for web sites etc should not be affected. Bluetooth should not really be an issue because syncing with your equipment is becoming easier and more straight forward (take the AirPods for example).

The only other option if all else fails to resolve this issue is "Erase All Content and Settings" which puts your device back to new (if you don't then restore a backup), but this requires far more effort to get your device setup the way you previously had it, so the lesser of the two evils is by far the "Reset All Settings" in my view.

It all depends on how bad the issue is and does that out weigh the effort required to do a little resetting up of your device again, lets face it, if I had an App constantly asking for a password at every turn I would consider refilling a few wifi passwords and a few app setups time well spent.

But in the end its for the OP to decide.

Facebook repeatedly asks for a password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.