Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone X. Lost music on my Playlists.

How do I retrieve the music that was originally on my playlists before I made the catastrophic mistake of “upgrading“ from a 7 plus to an iPhone X? And no, I don’t want to have to join Apple Music to do this. This has been the most problematic phone upgrade in all the years I’ve owned iPhones. Can someone please channel the deceased Steve Jobs, so he can fix this mess? It‘s all pretty jacked up, with Apple‘s programmers breaking things that don’t need fixing.

iPhone X, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2018 9:03 AM

7 replies

Jul 5, 2018 9:05 AM in response to Arnel Nacino

Greetings,

You'll need to either do one of two things to bring the playlists only back automatically:

(1) Have been subscribed to Apple Music with iCloud Music Library enabled;

(2) Plug your iPhone X into your computer with iTunes to synchronize all of your music again.

If you have a backup of your iPhone 7 Plus, you can restore it to your iPhone X.

Good luck!

Jul 5, 2018 10:01 AM in response to rreinhardt93

After upgrading to my brand new iPhone X a few days ago, I performed your Option 2 as soon as I got home, effectively erasing the initialisation and Restore from one of my iCloud backups that the mobile phone store did for me.

I’m now away from home for a few days and it’s now that I’ve noticed that almost all my music is NOT on my iPhone X and most of my old apps are in “Waiting” or “Loading” mode. I’ve since been able to recover some of my old apps, but I’ve lost many more along with their data.

Should I try restoring my iPhone X from my last iCloud backup of my old iPhone Seven Plus? Will it still be available? Or will I have to wait until I get home to Restore from my iCloud backup of my old IPhone Seven Plus, that’s stored on my iMac desktop, if it’s still there, or can I attempt this while on the road, away from my iMac desktop? I can see on my brand new iPhone X iCloud Account window that there’s a backup on iCloud of my old iPhone Seven Plus.

New iPhone X. Lost music on my Playlists.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.