Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not receiving texts from Android phones

Good afternoon,

I recently switched from an Iphone 7 to an 8. I also switched Canadian carriers (from Koodoo to Rogers)

When I received the phone, I upgraded the software as part of the set up (IOS 11.4)

I am not receiving all text messages, but only from android phones, and it is not all the time. Any group message that also have an android phone involved I do not get either, even sent from another iphones.

It mainly seems to be pictures or group texts. And even that is intermittent.

I had contacted my carrier (Rogers) and they reset my profile. I have unlimited text and picture messaging with my carrier.

Group message, and send as SMS are all on. MMS messaging and IMessage all on. I have toggled these on and off trying to get it to work. Logged out of my Apple ID. Forgot my old phone as a device...

I have reset the network on my phone.

Turned the phone off numerous times...

Start a new conversation under messages is my phone number, I can be reached at IMessage at phone number and email address. (not that it should matter as I cant receive them, plus they are android users)

Neither of these users have ever used an IPhone, both have Samsungs. One is my mother and the other my boyfriend. They get Delivery Reports to their phone stating I "rejected" the text. Obviously I have checked they are not accidently blocked (again, I get some, not others)

I have spoken with a friend, she says the same thing is happening to her with the latest IOS upgrade.

This is a bit silly, and I do think an Apple problem, not my carrier. But advise what else I can possibly test, try, reset etc would be great.

iPhone 8, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2018 3:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2018 11:18 AM

Hi Carrie,

It sounds like you're having trouble receiving MMS messages on your iPhone. I want to help you get that worked out so you're staying in touch.

The messages you described(pictures and group messages) are always sent as MMS when coming from devices that aren't Apple devices.
You can learn more about MMS here:
About iMessage and SMS/MMS - Apple Support

Although MMS messaging issues are typically a carrier concern, we can run through your settings to make sure your iPhone is set up and working correctly when sending MMS messages on your carrier network.

First, let's check for a carrier settings update:
Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If there's no update, we'll want to reset your network settings to clear some relevant network configuration settings. To reset network settings, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Let's also make sure MMS messages are enabled in Settings > Messages. Ensure that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging options are enabled.

If you've all these settings look good and you're still having trouble sending MMS messages, you'll want to contact your carrier and explain what's happening so that they can check for any feature blocks on your service for MMS or Picture Messaging. It's likely there is a provisioning issue with your carrier account if all these settings are enabled and your contacts are saying they're receiving a rejection notification.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2018 11:18 AM in response to CarrieSPat

Hi Carrie,

It sounds like you're having trouble receiving MMS messages on your iPhone. I want to help you get that worked out so you're staying in touch.

The messages you described(pictures and group messages) are always sent as MMS when coming from devices that aren't Apple devices.
You can learn more about MMS here:
About iMessage and SMS/MMS - Apple Support

Although MMS messaging issues are typically a carrier concern, we can run through your settings to make sure your iPhone is set up and working correctly when sending MMS messages on your carrier network.

First, let's check for a carrier settings update:
Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

If there's no update, we'll want to reset your network settings to clear some relevant network configuration settings. To reset network settings, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Let's also make sure MMS messages are enabled in Settings > Messages. Ensure that MMS Messaging and Group Messaging options are enabled.

If you've all these settings look good and you're still having trouble sending MMS messages, you'll want to contact your carrier and explain what's happening so that they can check for any feature blocks on your service for MMS or Picture Messaging. It's likely there is a provisioning issue with your carrier account if all these settings are enabled and your contacts are saying they're receiving a rejection notification.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

Not receiving texts from Android phones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.