Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I give new people access to an existing shared photo album?

I created a shared photo album using the Photos app on my Macintosh. I have added a couple of hundred photos to the album. Now I would like to share it with my relatives. How can I invite people to view the album?

(I know there is an option to invite people when the album is first created. I did not use that option. The album now exists and I would like to share it with people. Ideally, I would just get a link to the album that I could send to people via e-mail, text message, etc. If that's not possible, I could just go to the Photos app on my Mac, or on iCloud.com, or on my iPhone and invite people from within the app. However, I don't see any way to do that. In fact, when I log onto iCloud.com, I don't see my shared album at all.)

Posted on Jul 5, 2018 1:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2018 2:01 PM

Okay, I found the secret icon that I had to click on in the photos app to manage access to the shared library. This support article was helpful: Get help using iCloud Photo Sharing and shared albums - Apple Support

However, even with that, it took some searching to find the little icon I had to click on. The user interface sure could be improved.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2018 2:01 PM in response to Andrew Shalit

Okay, I found the secret icon that I had to click on in the photos app to manage access to the shared library. This support article was helpful: Get help using iCloud Photo Sharing and shared albums - Apple Support

However, even with that, it took some searching to find the little icon I had to click on. The user interface sure could be improved.

How do I give new people access to an existing shared photo album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.