Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos Share link?

I can't find a link to share my photos within the apple photos app. Google photos makes it so simple, just select and generate a link to send to family and loved ones. Is there a way to do this? I am deciding on a dedicated photo saving library and this will have to be a core component. I use both Google and Apple but thinking about dropping one.

How can I share a select album from Apple Photos on MacBook with friends and family via a link? Some of them don't use Apple products, so they can't access "photos" on their computer. It should be simple: select photos, click a "SHARE" button, send link, choose who can view (any or some), then generate a link. We can do this with Preview easily but it seems like doesn't exist on photos which is shocking.

Apple, if you are reading, please find a better way. Some of us live and work in countries in parts of the world where people either don't have good internet or apple products so this would allow us to collaborate outside the bubble.

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 10:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 12, 2021 12:40 PM

Do you need to share the photos in the original high resolution quality? If a slightly reduced quality (2048 pixel on the longest edge) would suffice, you can use shared albums to share the photos. A shared album can be shared via a link as a public web site. Only people who know the link, can access and download the photos.

Create a shared album in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

You can also share folders of photos as an iCloud link, but then the photos need to be in an iCloud Photos Library.

See: Share photos and videos on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 12, 2021 12:40 PM in response to HaithamMogherbi

Do you need to share the photos in the original high resolution quality? If a slightly reduced quality (2048 pixel on the longest edge) would suffice, you can use shared albums to share the photos. A shared album can be shared via a link as a public web site. Only people who know the link, can access and download the photos.

Create a shared album in Photos on Mac - Apple Support

You can also share folders of photos as an iCloud link, but then the photos need to be in an iCloud Photos Library.

See: Share photos and videos on iCloud.com - Apple Support

Photos Share link?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.