Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac has slowed considerably and the Beach Ball is very very frequent.

Hello;

I have been having trouble lately with my iMac having slowed considerably. It takes a long time for even the simplest of tasks to take place. Usually the Beach Ball appears and rotates for a long time and then things start freeze up to the point where even the Beach Ball freezes. Sometimes it will come out of this coma after a long wait but most times I have to reboot.

I have attached images of a report from EtreCheck I found only an hour ago. It looks like a great program.

Thanks so much if anyone can figure this out. I am not a proficient computer person when it comes to details such as this.

Sincere Regards

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.3), iTunes 12.7.3.46

Posted on Jul 5, 2018 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2018 8:29 AM

Hi,

You'd just be wasting your money your Mac does not require any anti virus or so called “cleaning apps” in fact they can slow down your Mac or completely ruin that install of macOS.

Avoid opening or downloading items from email messages and websites unless you are certain that they come from a legitimate, trusted source. If you’re uncertain about the source, delete the item.

Gatekeeper is a new feature in Mac OS X Lion or later that builds on OS X's existing malware checks to help protect your Mac from malware and misbehaving apps downloaded from the Internet.

I would recommend Malwarebytes as long as its the free version

Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software | Malwarebytes

Hope that helps, have a nice day.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2018 8:29 AM in response to AnthonyFasolo

Hi,

You'd just be wasting your money your Mac does not require any anti virus or so called “cleaning apps” in fact they can slow down your Mac or completely ruin that install of macOS.

Avoid opening or downloading items from email messages and websites unless you are certain that they come from a legitimate, trusted source. If you’re uncertain about the source, delete the item.

Gatekeeper is a new feature in Mac OS X Lion or later that builds on OS X's existing malware checks to help protect your Mac from malware and misbehaving apps downloaded from the Internet.

I would recommend Malwarebytes as long as its the free version

Free Cyber Security & Anti-Malware Software | Malwarebytes

Hope that helps, have a nice day.

My iMac has slowed considerably and the Beach Ball is very very frequent.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.