Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iMac freezes at "Less than a minute remaining..." and I'm not sure what to do to resolve the issue. I've forced a shut down twice and keep getting to the same "Less than a minute..." freeze

My iMac freezes at "Less than a minute remaining..." and I'm not sure what to do to resolve the issue. I've forced a shut down twice and keep getting to the same "Less than a minute..." freeze

Any suggestions?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Aug 11, 2021 4:20 PM

4 replies

Aug 11, 2021 5:31 PM in response to OSsupportneeded

Suggestions? Yes. Let it run overnight.

Some of these time predictions can occasionally be… off. Longest I’ve seen for an update or upgrade “surprise” was three days.

On the possibility that there’s something else going on here, how current are your backups?

If this iMac 21.5” model is the 8 GB / hard disk configuration, that configuration is not known for its performance.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.