Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my new iPhone and old iPhone still sharing info

I upgraded and then gave my old phone to my daughter. A new phone number was added to our sccohnt and also added new Apple Id’s. However, my pic and info is still being shared among both devices in settings..,

Posted on Jul 7, 2018 9:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2018 9:54 AM

Sounds like the old iPhone is still using your Apple ID at the very least for iCloud.

You should have followed the steps here before giving the iPhone to your daughter: What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You will need to sign out of your Apple ID in all pertinent locations on the iPhone. See here for details: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Do note that if you did not wipe it, any apps you downloaded are forever tied to your Apple ID and will continue to request it for updates.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2018 9:54 AM in response to lorna169

Sounds like the old iPhone is still using your Apple ID at the very least for iCloud.

You should have followed the steps here before giving the iPhone to your daughter: What to do before you sell or give away your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

You will need to sign out of your Apple ID in all pertinent locations on the iPhone. See here for details: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Do note that if you did not wipe it, any apps you downloaded are forever tied to your Apple ID and will continue to request it for updates.

Why is my new iPhone and old iPhone still sharing info

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.