Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch heart rate inaccurate

So I’ve recently gotten an Apple Watch series 1 and I’ve been going on walks and so forth. Most of the time my Apple Watch will show my heart rate at 101 for example. Not two seconds later it will be at 82 or something. This is completely inaccurate and messing up my calorie loss. If I wasn’t over the date of return, I probably would have already returned it. If you have any suggestions, I’d very much appreciate it. I’d rather not have to take a loss on this watch since it’s expensive and find something else.

Posted on Jul 7, 2018 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2018 3:13 PM

Check the correct fit of the watch band on your arm. If it is slightly too loose the watch can move on your arm and the optical sensor will get random inaccurate measurements.

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Your heart rate. What it means, and where on Apple Watch you’ll find it. - Apple Support

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2018 3:13 PM in response to UnknownReverent

Check the correct fit of the watch band on your arm. If it is slightly too loose the watch can move on your arm and the optical sensor will get random inaccurate measurements.

Wearing your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Your heart rate. What it means, and where on Apple Watch you’ll find it. - Apple Support

Get the most accurate measurements using your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apple Watch heart rate inaccurate

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.