Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does iOS 11.4.1 improves the battery performance?

Is updating to iOS 11.4.1 a good deal or bad? As 11.4 on my iPhone 6s is making me to charge my phone 4 times a day already. So, is the update suggested?

Posted on Jul 9, 2018 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2018 12:17 AM

The battery itself cant be upgraded or better performance. But the battery drainage may be improved by features like low power mode may be imporved and apps may use less battery. I hope this was helpful for further support please Contact Apple Support Official Apple Support

7 replies

Jul 10, 2018 5:08 AM in response to Likith_Mandava

Speaking for myself, absolutely: the iOS 11.4 update killed my iPhone 8 battery life, and neither switching off, resetting, restoring or reinstalling as a new phone would fix the issue, except switching off WiFi, and even then the battery life was about ~15-25% worse than iOS 11.3. No way to use a phone that is supposed to "just work".

But iOS 11.4.1? Only about 12 hours experience so far, but battery life is now very good, superficially the drain seems to be even better than with 11.3.

If you've tried everything else and ended up nowhere, you have nothing to lose and in my experience, it's back to the good old days with 11.4.1 - for me it's been a winner.

Jul 11, 2018 12:17 AM in response to Bozzor

My experience on iPhone6S is somewhat different. After first upgrade I sat and literally saw the battery percentage drain as I looked at the screen (9% in 7 minutes), then level out at 62% (been on 62% for 10 minutes now). I think there's some form of dynamic battery level algorithm that needs a few minutes to settle. At least I hope so... or I've now got a nice shiny paperweight to use.

Jul 11, 2018 1:25 AM in response to Bozzor

Definitely something in the way the phone calculates the battery percentage. Just part charged back to 71% and the level dropped 71-64 in a matter of minutes, now staying solid on 64% even with WiFi usage. I think that something has definitely changed here as 11.4 would have constant drops while using. 14.1.1 seems to have rapid drops then levels off. Let’s see how it goes over a longer period.

Does iOS 11.4.1 improves the battery performance?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.