Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vinyl Directly to iTunes Library

Are there any latest/current hardware and software applications to place 33 1/3 vinyl albums directly into the iTunes Music library ?

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 8:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 10:04 AM

Examine the bigger picture. How many albums? Do they exist as CDs? How perfect do you want these renditions? If it is just an album or two and they have been released on CD you may find it worth just repurchasing the CD (or online versions)*. You will get a cleaner copy, and faster, and less than the hardware will cost. If you do this yourself and want a really clean copy then be prepared to invest quite a lot of time. I had a few albums with no electronic equivalent and I spent a all day, every day for a week hand-interpolating over every crack and pop. Oh, there's software that claims to do that, if you trust it.

*Unfortunately the record companies were never forced to give you a CD replacement at nominal cost (since most of your payment was not for the piece of plastic), and they probably raked in tons of money by making people re-purchase the whole thing if they wanted a CD copy. It was even worse with videos where you bought it once as VHS, then again as DVD, and then a third time as a digital copy.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2018 10:04 AM in response to CB427

Examine the bigger picture. How many albums? Do they exist as CDs? How perfect do you want these renditions? If it is just an album or two and they have been released on CD you may find it worth just repurchasing the CD (or online versions)*. You will get a cleaner copy, and faster, and less than the hardware will cost. If you do this yourself and want a really clean copy then be prepared to invest quite a lot of time. I had a few albums with no electronic equivalent and I spent a all day, every day for a week hand-interpolating over every crack and pop. Oh, there's software that claims to do that, if you trust it.

*Unfortunately the record companies were never forced to give you a CD replacement at nominal cost (since most of your payment was not for the piece of plastic), and they probably raked in tons of money by making people re-purchase the whole thing if they wanted a CD copy. It was even worse with videos where you bought it once as VHS, then again as DVD, and then a third time as a digital copy.

Vinyl Directly to iTunes Library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.