Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OSX 10.13.6 Upgrade - Blank Screen Apps

I updated to 10.13.6 yesterday and it has been a disaster. Now multiple applications (Mail, Safari, Maps, Excel, App Store, Messages) will open but only show blank white screens (some that work: Notes, Address Book, Photos, Word, iTunes, System Preferences, Calendar) and Facetime says I don't have a camera. Everything is clearly loading but the screen is white as hyperlinks are active and copy/paste works from the hidden text. I thought it was only Apple apps being effected until I opened Excel. How can I fix this?

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 8:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2018 2:46 AM

Two things: first download and run the 10.13.6 COMBO Update.

It may fix files that are missing or incomplete.

Second, most often problems after the update are due to software conflicts. Older stuff that does not play nice with the new OS, and programs like antivirus and "cleaners".

Do you happen to have falled for the creepy "cleanmymac"?

If doing the Combo Update does not fix things, please run the diagnostic tool Etrecheck and post its report here.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2018 2:46 AM in response to nasunasu

Two things: first download and run the 10.13.6 COMBO Update.

It may fix files that are missing or incomplete.

Second, most often problems after the update are due to software conflicts. Older stuff that does not play nice with the new OS, and programs like antivirus and "cleaners".

Do you happen to have falled for the creepy "cleanmymac"?

If doing the Combo Update does not fix things, please run the diagnostic tool Etrecheck and post its report here.

OSX 10.13.6 Upgrade - Blank Screen Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.