Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

notification allerts

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you'll get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked with your passcode.

Does this mean that when the watch is locked the notifications go to the phone or that you get no notification on either the watch ( locked ) or phone ( also locked )

I have an iphone 6s before the latest update it used to play one sound for a phone call and another for a text message, I have no other apps ( facebook twitter instachtat etc ) that I get notifications from. I was happy with the system I had, knew if it was call or text now I get no sound at all for text just a vibration on the watch, but that also vibrates for the health app or to remind me to breathe etc I want the old system back, any ideas?

Cheers

Brett

Posted on Jul 12, 2018 12:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 18, 2018 11:21 AM

Hello The Volunteer,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you want to know if when your Watch is locked will the notifications go to the phone. For more information, check out the recommended reply in this thread:

Notifications not working
If you have any questions let us know.

Best Regards!
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 18, 2018 11:21 AM in response to The Volunteer

Hello The Volunteer,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that you want to know if when your Watch is locked will the notifications go to the phone. For more information, check out the recommended reply in this thread:

Notifications not working
If you have any questions let us know.

Best Regards!

notification allerts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.